About Me

My photo
Custom designed and hand crafted aprons. Original recipe for scrumptious chocolate chip cookies-ready-to-mix kit. More product lines to come!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Bliss

Ever found love at first bite? For so long I thought I'd never find my one true Peanut Butter Cookie love - thought I was doomed to settle. Felt like my standards must have been too high; every PB cookie I tried left me only so-so satisfied. I wondered if I'd ever find my ideal PB cookie: one strong in character, but with a soft side, and a chewy texture - something that wouldn't harden to a crisp and crunch after a day or two.
Ladies and gents, may I present to you the most decadent and charismatic Peanut Butter Cookie. This bad boy makes one killer cookie sandwich too. Now, I've heard these little guys called "doozies," but I tell you it will knock you off your feet. Truly not for the faint-of-heart, or taste. Consider yourself forewarned.

 First thing's first: mix up a batch of Nonnie & Squeaks' Peanut Butter Bliss Cookies. Don't eat all the cookies as they come out of the oven either. You may need a support team for this; but you also may feel conflicted about calling your friends since you'll probably want to eat them all yourself...
Anyway, after you have baked a couple dozen, whip this up while they cool.
Filling:
 3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream

Finally, spread a liberal amount of the filling on a cookie. Now smash another one on top. Make sure you have your crew ready to catch you when you pass out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment