About Me

My photo
Custom designed and hand crafted aprons. Original recipe for scrumptious chocolate chip cookies-ready-to-mix kit. More product lines to come!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Eureka!

Isn’t it wonderful when you stumble across a new, more efficient way to accomplish something? Surely you know that conflicted feeling -- somewhere between proud, self satisfied, and slightly annoyed -- when the revelation hits that your methods before were wasting time, but now you can increase productivity tenfold! Made two such discoveries today; gold star. The second though came at a price. Reading the manual. Dismal. I spent close to twenty minutes flipping through thing (because each page lists directions in all four languages; they can’t have printed each language in its own section) until I found out how to use presser-foot attachment number 7. Mystery solved at last. Sweet success. Although, I wish someone could have told/shown me in a minute or less; yes, and deny myself the satisfaction of knowing I persevered and taught myself something new. Pah. Actually - it makes me wonder: why do we say someone is “self-taught” if the real teacher is the author of the book? But I digress. A great feeling of accomplishment followed my laborious research. And now it’s off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment